I’m very happy to annouce a new major release for Lightspark, the open source flash player implementation. This release includes quite a lot of fixes, both internal and visible to users. The most important ones from a user point of view are probably the improved support for PulseAudio flat volumes, which makes it impossible for lightspark to manipulate the system volume and the newly added support for the BBC video player. To use BBC site you might need to use AdBlock, which is generally recommended since more often than not flash advertisements are not supported by Lightspark and causes failures in otherwise supported sites.
From the ChangeLog:
* Enable RTMP support by default, requires librtmp
* Fixed support for IEventDispatcher implementation pattern
* Improved serialization robustness
* Improved matrix handling
* Implement string and namespace pooling to reduce memory consumption
* Proper support for private namespaces
* Improved support for fonts
* Support LLVM 3.1
* Fix full volume issue when PulseAudio flat volumes are enabled
* Initial support for AIR desktop applications
* Support for www.bbc.co.uk video player
Source tarball is, as usual available from Launchpad.